The parents of TCI students are the first members of the team. They are our partners in the treatment process and our greatest resource. TCI utilizes a five-part system termed our “Helping Hand” to include parents and caregivers into our program on a regular basis.
TCI Helping Hand
- Parents are invited into our classes to observe for one hour per week. Other team members (home based teachers and therapists) can come into TCI for one hour every other week to collaborate with TCI.
- We hold a clinical team meeting every other month with all team
members to discuss progress.
- We host a Parent Education Series of workshops to provide support using our positive structured approach.
- Our families participate in a parent support group to provide them
with additional resources and problem solving strategies to share with each other.
- TCI hosts a sibling day event for the brother and sisters of our
students so they to are given a voice and to share in the treatment process.
The above-mentioned services may be available to families who may not have children enrolled in The Children’s Institute of Hong Kong. To find out more information about these services please contact the Director, Dr. Jeremy H. Greenberg at +852 2812 2144 or 2816 5222 or online at email@example.com.